Re: [CSS2.1] [CSS3-Page] allowed breaks and fixed heights

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 01:07:57 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org

fantasai wrote:

> However I think we should allow breaks between the line box and the content edge if
> there is extra space in between. I believe this is what most browsers do, and I suspect
> many float-based layouts especially would break when printed if we did not allow this.
> If the author really wants the block to stay together, he can set page-break-inside:
> avoid.
>
> I'll post testcases in a bit..

http://fantasai.inkedblade.net/style/tests/ad-hoc/pagination/allowed-breaks-000

UAs that break between the bottom of the last line box and the bottom content edge:
   - IE7
   - Firefox
   - Safari (Windows)
   - Konqueror
   - Prince (Prince truncates the bottom of the box.)

Opera is the only browser I tested that pushes the last lines to the next page in
order to not break between the last line box and the content edge. I'm not convinced
it's an improvement in the printed result.

~fantasai