[css3-multicol] Overflow and Columns

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 19:01:06 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org

I think we should specify that column boxes should not have overflow
in the column height direction (unless there's a fixed height on the
multicol element and the overflowing element is both too tall and
unbreakable), and that overflowing content within the column boxes
must be taken into account when balancing.

i.e. this

   .multicol {
      columns: 3;
    }
    .container {
       height: 0;
    }
    .stuff {
      height: 300px;
    }

or this

   .multicol {
      columns: 3;
    }
    .container {
       position: relative;
    }
    .stuff {
       position: absolute;
    }

given this markup

should result in 3 100px-high columns.

Furthermore, I'd like to suggest suggesting that scrollable boxes
be considered unbreakable.. because I don't want to implement slicing
a scrollable text box into multiple pieces and have it still..
scrollable...

~fantasai