Re: css with attribues

From: David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 21:14:49 +0000
To: www-style@w3.org

Dmitry Turin wrote:

>   I'm imagining changing of layout diring downloading ccas-file
> (css with attributes) in similar way (let's name places in document,
> where changes will happen, as 'plattr').

Breaking incremental rendering is considered undesirable, you seem to be
proposing a feature based on its ability to break incremental rendering!

>   There exist at least two types of attributes:
> 1) values of which have visual effect (e.g. @cellspacing)
> 2) values of which change functionality (e.g. INPUT/@type)
>   Attributes of first type are not differ from properties.
> Attributes of second type are small part of document objects,
> and they are not burden for browser.

As far as possible, attributes of the second type, generally called
presentational attributes, were deprecated in HTML 4 and removed from
the string version, in favour of the use of CSS.

David Woolley