Re: positioned elements: center

From: Brad Kemper <brkemper@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 21:40:56 -0800
Cc: CSS Style <www-style@w3.org>
To: David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk>

On Jan 7, 2008, at 3:01 PM, David Woolley wrote:

> My guess, in the case of vertical centering, the problem is [...]

We already have vertical centering in absolutely positioned elements.
Of top or bottom edges, by setting them to 50%. The proposal would
let you set the center of an element in exactly the same way as you
currently center any of the edges. Or set it to any other value that
you can set edges to, using the same units.

So don't "guess" what the imaginary problems are that would allow you
to argue against it, just because you are compelled to argue against
everything, David. There is no problem with this proposal, and the
implementors could implement it in their sleep, tonight, if they so
chose.