Re: Advanced Floats

From: David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 20:34:33 +0000
To: www-style@w3.org

Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:

> Phase 2: If height of content inside the <root> is less than
>          its height (so we get free space to distribute) do
>          "shrink-to-fit" balancing.

The height of the content varies depending on how much content has
arrived so far, so you cannot get a final solution from phase two until
all the content has arrived and thus incremental rendering is either not
possible (if you want right first time), or requires that text
continually move until the input is complete.

PS I presume that "flex units" are still a proprietary feature of your
browser, not part of CSS.

--
David Woolley