Re: [Fwd: Re: [whatwg] simple numbers]

> The third table has been formatted according to Swedish
> conventions. However, a speech reader would not spell out words
> like million and thousand, making those numbers harder to grasp.

I'm curious: Is that because the spaces between the number groupings
in Swedish are harder for the software to interpret than the commas
between the American/English style? I have the American localization
of Mac OS X, and it had no problem reading 1,000,000 as "one
million", using the text-selection-to-speech service of the OS. I
wonder if the Swedish localization of OS X would do any better on the
"1 000 000". If so, this implies that other speech readers for the
sight impaired just generally suck.