Re: positioned elements: center

From: David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 11:03:26 +0000
To: CSS Style <www-style@w3.org>

Brad Kemper wrote:
> I don't know if this subject has been broached before...

Often!  Probably about every 9 months.

The normal way of centering is with margin auto, but that doesn't work
for normally positioned items when done vertically, because container
height isn't known (you tend to get circular dependencies).  I can't
remember whether or not it works for absolute positioned items, but you
should probably check that before searching the archives for the
remaining discussion.

--
David Woolley