RE: W3C CSS Home Redesign RFC

Fantasai said:
> Updated the spec and test overviews (and added back the colors):
>
> http://fantasai.inkedblade.net/style/csswg/redesign-2007/spec-overview
>
> http://fantasai.inkedblade.net/style/csswg/redesign-2007/test-overview

Some feedback on http://fantasai.inkedblade.net/style/csswg/redesign-2007/test-overview:

        I'd lose the '(or contact fantasai)'.  If you're listening on public-css-testsuite, they'll find you there, and if for some reason you're not, you probably don't want them to find you. ;-)

        I wonder if 'interoperability' is really the word we want to quote the definition of and use here. We use that term rather loosely in the css community, because we know what we mean; but browsers don't really interoperate because they don't directly communicate.  They don't "exchange information" and use that exchanged information.  What we're really targeting is implementation consistency, not interoperability. (We do need to consider and test interoperability between user and browser, but that's not how the word is currently being used.)

        The existing but sorely incomplete css3 paged media test suite should be added as pre-alpha (http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/CSS3/Page/current/).

        I don't expect that a test suite will need be created for the CSS Print Profile, as it defines no features but only references features defined elsewhere.  So I expect there will be just a report template which uses tests from the 2.1 and css3-page test suites.

        Which brings to mind the question -- do we want to add something about report harnesses / templates?

Thanks for doing this!

Best wishes,

Melinda