Re: flowing around both sides of a float

From: Philip TAYLOR <Philip-and-LeKhanh@Royal-Tunbridge-Wells.Org>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 18:10:29 +0000
To: Brad Kemper <brkemper@comcast.net>
CC: Peter Moulder <Peter.Moulder@infotech.monash.edu.au>, www-style@w3.org

Brad Kemper wrote:

> I don't want the user agent to design my page for me, or to second guess
> my intentions. I will not use anything that removes the control I
> currently have over the design.

What "control" do you believe you have ?

HTML & CSS allow you to /influence/ the
design, but if you want to /control/ it
you would do better to adopt a page-
description language such as PDF.

>> When writing a web page, I usually don't actually care whether it's
>> floated left or right, and in general I don't know whether it will look
>> best floated left or right without knowing the font size and window
>> width etc.
>
> Maybe you don't, but I do.

Were it not for my New Year's resolution to be kinder
to all men, I would be sorely tempted to suggest
<arrogance> tags around the last sentence.

Philip TAYLOR