Re: [CSS21] The grammar of url() token

From: Ambrose Li <ambrose.li@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 14:56:40 -0500
To: "Bert Bos" <bert@w3.org>
Cc: "Andrei Polushin" <polushin@gmail.com>, www-style@w3.org

On 26/02/2008, Bert Bos <bert@w3.org> wrote:

>  On Thursday 21 February 2008 14:07, Andrei Polushin wrote:
>  > ### Issue 2 ###
>  >
>  > Backslash character itself should be also escaped with an another
>  > backslash, and that fact should be mentioned explicitly.
>

> Isn't that obvious?

No, it is not.

Do we need to escape the backslash operator in Perl when the string is
inside single quotes? When I read the manual some years ago I had the
impression that we don't need to. But in reality we need to.

It's better to state explicitly whether it needs to or not.
--
cheers,
-ambrose

Yahoo and Gmail must die. Yes, I use them, but they still must die.
PS: Don't trust everything you read in Wikipedia. (Very Important)