Re: Collapsing elements

On Feb 21, 2008, at 10:31 AM, Bert Bos wrote:

... [some - informative and interesting - text deleted] ...
> That would take away all the flexibility. It's not just lists I
> want to
> collapse, it's paragraphs and sections as well. And
> sometimes "collapsing" doesn't mean hiding, but making it smaller or
> making it gray.

I meant to say this as well. Expanding the ability to 'fold' and
'unfold' from just lists to spans, paragraphs, divs, even images
(think thumbnails vs. full sized) would be a useful ability.

Be sure that this isn't ONLY tied to the original suggestion of 'tree-
lists', but allow the originating notion to work easily with this
concept, please.

Isn't some part of the CSSwg working on collapsing outlines and such?
Do they have suggestions for descriptive names?

> Bert
> --
>   Bert Bos                                ( W 3 C ) http://www.w3.org/
>   http://www.w3.org/people/bos                               W3C/ERCIM
>   bert@w3.org                             2004 Rt des Lucioles / BP 93
>   +33 (0)4 92 38 76 92            06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France

James Elmore