Re: Re[2]: [CSS3] Proposal to add list-style-type: tree-line value

From: James Elmore <James.Elmore@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 07:23:44 -0800
Cc: www-style@w3.org
To: Dmitry Turin <dev3os@narod.ru>

Dmitry,

On Feb 20, 2008, at 10:51 PM, Dmitry Turin wrote:

> James,
>
> JE> Clearly the behavioral part would be useful.
> +1
>
> JE> Given the choice, I would like to see it added to CSS.
>
> You are saying this so, like you can't imagine another way.
> You are choosing one from one ?

Sorry. I moved a paragraph and didn't check my logic. I intended that
the paragraph which followed include something like 'but CSS working
group doesn't always agree with me. So, even if the behavioral part
isn't provided, the display part would be nice to have.'

> JE> To make it most useful, designers
> JE> would need to be able to query the current state of the list
>
> What is the query ? Some JS function ? or LI[ @state=unfold ] in CSS ?

Maybe something like:
     li[state=visible]:focus { visibility="hidden"; }
     li[state=invisible]:focus { visibility="normal"; }

(I apologize to everyone for the poor syntax and the errors. My
fingers refuse to type and I don't think my brain is really awake yet.)

What would be nice is a way to tell CSS that, if the user selects the
'folded' state, either with a mouse click or with a tab, or with some
other keyboard option (enter?), that the element would unfold and set
the state to 'unfolded'. Then, if the unfolded state is selected, it
would fold. I'm not sure how to do this, yet, as I'm sure the above
(terrible) example would produce an infinite loop.

> Dmitry Turin
> HTML6     (6. 5.4)  http://html60.euro.ru
> SQL5      (5.11.3)  http://sql50.euro.ru
> Unicode7  (7. 2.1)  http://unicode70.euro.ru