RE: [css3] "Selectors that People Actually Use"

From: Alan Gresley <alan1@azzurum.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 19:17:27 -0700
To: Simon Rivada <simon@al-gezien.nl>
cc: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>, www-style@w3.org

Simon Rivada wrote:

> Daniel Glazman wrote:
> > And the :nth-last-child variant when the author wants the LAST table row
> > to always be of a given color, as it often happens in financial tabular
> > data.
> >
> > </Daniel>
> This could also be done using <tfoot> I suppose.

In the HTML specs for <tfoot> [1] we have:

"When long tables are printed, the table head and foot information may be repeated on each page that contains table data."

Surely we don't want the LAST table row of financial tabular data appearing on each printed page over two or more pages. The correct place for this LAST table row of financial tabular data is in <tbody>.

1. http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/tables.html#h-11.2.3

Alan

http://css-class.com/