Re: Seamless transclusion of complex replaced elements

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 10:15:23 -0600
To: Brad Kemper <brkemper@comcast.net>

Brad Kemper wrote:
> Couldn't that be solved by not giving the document in the IFRAME
> JavaScript access to things like the document's or body's
> clientHeight, offsetHeight, scrollTop, scrollHeight, etc.

It's the other way around.  A document including a document from a different
domain in an iframe (or object, or whatever) must not be able to extract any
information from that child document.  That includes information like "preferred
height".

That's discussed at length in the Mozilla bug I linked to, for what it's worth.

-Boris