[css3-selectors] :lang() (was: Re: [css3] "Selectors that People Actually Use")

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 18:31:06 +0100, fantasai
<fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
> That could be fixed by changing
>    # substring of, the element's language value,
>    | substring of, the element's language value normalized to RFC3066,
> or somesuch. I don't think the intention was to make :lang() not work
> for other language syntaxes.

I think this is a theoretical concern and I think that therefore we should
not confuse matters. Having said that, we should probably update the
reference from RFC 3066 to BCP47. They update it all the time and simply
referring to BCP47 seems the easiest way out.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>