Re: [css3] "Selectors that People Actually Use"

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 15:14:18 +0100, Alan Gresley <alan1@azzurum.com> wrote:
> Then there is this majestic language of CSS which is progressive and is
> never static. It is developed in a way that allows for new properties to
> be constantly added and styles web documents from 1994 to way into the
> future. When developing it, it is to be kept in mind that what is added
> should allow for progressive enhancement, so we must constantly be aware
> of past and future implementations. The future should be treated with a
> greater perspective. Unknown behaviors by browsers should not be
> considered in this argument.

Euhm, this is also true for HTML, SVG, XHTML, etc. Heck, even XML is being
revised as "errata". Most successful languages on the Web evolve this way
and have to take all that into account, nothing specific to CSS.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>