Re: [css3] Suggestion: Selector variables or “synonyms”

On Feb 11, 2008, at 2:14 PM, David Woolley wrote:

> Brad Kemper wrote:
>
>> That sounds like a pretty marginal edge case, but if the user and
>> the author both specified the contents of the same-named  variable
>> or constant, then I would expect the user's assignment to take
>> precedence.
>
> The proposal that started this thread has a valid existing selector
> string, not a variable name on the left right hand side, I quoted
> the simplest case of that string being a single element name.

Oh, well I guess I was confused then, by the fact that you responded
directly to my alternate proposal with the criticism, and you now
seem to be saying  that criticism doesn't apply to it. Is that correct?

In my proposal, there was a variable (or "constant", which is
basically a variable that retains the same value instead of varying)
on the left hand side.