Re: [css3-namespace] url() syntax

Karl Dubost wrote:

> Hi Elika,
>
> Le 7 févr. 2008 à 09:50, fantasai a écrit :
>> Karl Dubost wrote:
>>> It is said:
>>> "A URI string parsed from the URI syntax must be treated as a literal
>>> string: as with the STRING syntax, no URI-specific normalization is
>>> applied."
>>> Just a question:
>>>    what is a URI-specific normalization?
>>
>> resolving relative URIs to absolute, converting URI escapes, matching
>> case-insensitively for case-insensitive parts of the URI etc.
>
> Hmm I see. I guess it will be clarified by test cases.
> Maybe this should be carried on in CR phase, with their URI patterns. :)
> URI is a quite wide space.

I did not find the discussion why URI is allowed for declararing the
namespaceURI now. It seems rather odd to use an url(...) syntax and on
the other hand say that this is not an URI really but used as a string.
I guess this is a bit odd in the namespace specification too but would
it not be better to allow a STRING in CSS only as it was considered some
time?

thanks
Christof