Re: [css3] Suggestion: Selector variables or “synonyms”

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 19:20:33 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org

Jens Meiert wrote:

>> Isn't ".old = .new" just a convenient alternative
>> to ".old, .new {}" ?
>
> Exactly. The more occurrences and the longer the selectors, the more “convenient” though:
>
>   .old = .new;
>   .new {}
>   .new, .somethingelse {}
>   .new, .different {}
>   .new, .whatever {}

Then this is from my perspective an extremely low priority
on my radar about constants' implementation. What's MUCH more
important is constants/macros for property values, so you can
for instance define a color once and use it in various style
rules without having to completely refactor your selectors
to isolate the color rules.

</Daniel>