Re: Overflow and Margins

On Feb 2, 2008, at 2:48 PM, Bruno Fassino wrote:

> Bruno Fassino wrote:
>> Brad Kemper wrote:
>>> Isn't it a bit odd that of one block is wider than its parent, and
>>> the parent is set to "overflow:scroll", that the margins of
>>> the child are shown on the top, bottom, and left, but not on the
>>> right?
>
> In addition to the fact that in your case the used margin-right is
> not the
> specified value,

Yes, that is the problem I would like to see addressed.

> and more important, is the fact that probably the
> "scrolling" mechanism of overflow has the intent to allow to see the
> content, not its margins.

And yet I can see the effect of all of the other 3 margins.

> Indeed the same thing happens to a vertical bottom
> margin.

I don't know what you mean. When the height is not specified, I still
see the bottom margin. the margins increase the height of the
container. If you mean that the same phenomenon occurs when
overflowing in the vertical instead of the horizontal, then sure,
that is no surprise.

> Margins that do not "affect" the rendering are not "visible" in any
> way.

The other 3 margins affect the size of the pane that is being
scrolled. I would like to see the 4th margin do the same.