Re: vendor keyword history

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 09:29:09 +1300
To: "Christoph Päper" <christoph.paeper@crissov.de>
Cc: "CSS 3 W3C Group" <www-style@w3.org>
On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 7:36 AM, Christoph Päper <christoph.paeper@crissov.de
> wrote:

> Garrett Smith:
>
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/syndata.html#vendor-keyword-history
>>
>> Any others?
>>

> I wonder whether it would be a reasonable idea to introduce '-css-' for
> vendors to use for prefixes and properties that they did not invent
> themselves, but took from some W3C draft.

Not totally unreasonable, but it would lead to situations where the same
-css property would behave differently in different browsers, or even have
different syntax, when vendors implemented different drafts. This can arise
with the vendor properties as well, but less often because we don't often
implement more than one draft version before the spec is settled.

Rob
53:5-6]