no-cascade proposition

From: Niels Matthijs <niels.matthijs@internetarchitects.be>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 11:24:03 -0000
To: <www-style@w3.org>
Hi all,

I've been struggling with the css cascade lately. No matter how lovely
it might be, sometimes you just don't want things to cascade. When
integrating external components in your site, it's usually
counter-productive to have your style cascade on the external component
(considering it comes with a predefined style).

Sadly, there is no way in css to stop the cascade, I was wonder why that
was. I've written an article about this subject which can be found here:

http://www.onderhond.com/blog/work/css-boundaries-stopping-the-cascade

The current suggestion I've made is:

<css selector> {cascade:no-cascade;}

I'm not much of a syntax man myself, but I guess the purpose of this
should be clear enough.

Any thoughts?

Greets,

Niels Matthijs