Re: [css3-values] cap-height unit?

From: Stanimir Stamenkov <s7an10@netscape.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 23:27:13 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org

Mon, 1 Dec 2008 15:53:44 -0500, /Ambrose Li/:
> 2008/12/1 Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>:
>
>> My first reaction aligns with Stanimir's suggestion i.e.
>> wouldn't a line-height multiple be more useful for this
>> use-case ?
>
> A lot of times an image is used as a character (e.g., which has no
> Unicode, or which is unusual and so absent in most common fonts). A
> cap-height unit would be more useful in this case.

Doesn't such an image never need to take the space from the
text-bottom to the baseline?  In my opinion it is more likely for
such an image to have the height from the text-bottom to the
text-top which should be the same as 1em, or I'm missing something?

--
Stanimir