(wrong string) Ÿf. : Re: [css3-fonts] Nested 'bolder' and 'lighter' question

From: <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 19:51:31 +0000 (GMT)
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
Sorry, that's what I meant.  I need to go back and refresh my memory about the names of the  various values.  ^ _^

attached mail follows:

Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> Boris argues a subtle line, where he advocates clamping the computed
> value only.  The actual value of font-weight can vary upwards and
> downwards indefinitely (or rather, until it overflows whatever the
> browser is using to store it).

Actually, I advocate allowing the computed value vary indefinitely and
clamping the used value.  The former is what's used for inheritance; the
latter is what's used for painting.

-Boris