Comment on CSS3 angles

From: David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 17:40:24 -0500
To: "www-style@w3.org List" <www-style@w3.org>

http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-values/#angles

The text says:

"Angle values should be normalized to the range 0-360deg by the user
agent. For example, -10deg and 350deg are equivalent."

We (Apple) disagree with this wording.  For animated transitions
involving rotation, we don't want to normalize angles.  Using the
actual values gives you control over the direction of the rotation
(e.g., if you animate from a larger number to a smaller number or vice
versa).  Not normalizing is also how we're able to do multiple full
spins (e.g., 0 to 720deg lets you animate two full turns).

dave
(hyatt@apple.com)