Re: New tests for web fonts

From: Dave Crossland <dave@lab6.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 12:21:18 +0100
To: "David Hyatt" <hyatt@apple.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

2008/8/25 David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>:

> It's not clear to me how any browser is going to support Truetype/Opentype
> downloadable fonts on Windows, but maybe the Mozilla guys have found a
> technical solution.
> we use an EOT wrapper now to make this work

Firefox 3 uses Cario and Pango uniformly on all platforms, rather than
just on GNU/Linux, I think? So when the implementation of 'user fonts'
is finished (which is also planned for use in Inkscape, for making SVG
fonts) then FF3 will have webfonts in a uniform and crossplatform way.

I could be completely mistaken about this; I hope someone will correct
me if so :-)
--
Regards,
Dave