Re: [CSS Variables] WebKit now supports variable declaration blocks

From: David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 14:51:02 -0500
To: Brad Kemper <brkemper.comcast@gmail.com>
Cc: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, "www-style@w3.org List" <www-style@w3.org>

On Aug 22, 2008, at 2:47 PM, Brad Kemper wrote:

> It would be safe to ship with @-webki-variables and -webkit-var()
> though, until it is finalized, wouldn't it?

Well, once we ship it, we have to support it.  I'd like what we ship
to be reasonably close to the final version.  If it's too far off, we
risk having to support two radically different implementations of
variables.

Vendor-prefixed variable access is much better than $ or = in  terms
of shipping a not-yet-finalized version though.

dave