Re: [CSS21] stack level definitions in 9.9.1

From: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 13:38:41 +1000
To: François REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>
CC: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, Anton Prowse <prowse@moonhenge.net>, www-style@w3.org

François REMY wrote:

> I propose that we also can have a "position-stack"
> property with the following values :
>
>    - [initial] "auto" : A new local stacking context is
>    created as the rules are defined in CSS 2.1/3.0
>    (computed to "create-new" if a new stacking context is
>    needed, to "keep-old" otherwhise).
>
>    - "create-new" : A new local stacking context is created
>    anytime (top/left/right/bottom of children now refer
>    to positions relatives to the element, even if these
>    element is not a float or absolutely positionned
>    element)
>
>    - "keep-old" : No new stacking context is created even
>    if the element is absolutely positionned or floated
>    (top/left/right/bottom of children now refer to
>    positions relatives to the nearest stacking context).

[..]

Francoiss, can you clearly state why there are problems in the current
spec for the *block formating context* (with test cases). I can only see
issues concerning *overflow*.

--
Alan http://css-class.com/

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's
character, give him power - Abraham Lincoln

Save the Internet - http://www.savetheinternet.com/