Re: [css3-gcpm] Spacing and alignment of leaders

From: Ian Tindale <ian.tindale@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 10:15:15 +0100
To: www-style@w3c.org
There's a possibility of doing something with leaders now that we couldn't
in the hot-metal days, and that is to programmatically 'create' a run,
without thinking in terms of direct application of glyphs. In other words,
being able to call on a specific SVG definition of what we want. An
additional calling mechanism to SVG for such occasions (perhaps svg()
maybe?) with a fallback to the glyph-based rule syntax described so far,
could allow an SVG engine to take the load and the responsibility, if
available.

--
Ian Tindale
http://www.flickr.com/photos/iantindale/