Re: Proposal for limited :matches pseudoclass

From: Francois Remy <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 10:40:02 +0200
To: "Simetrical" <simetrical@gmail.com>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: "www-style list" <www-style@w3.org>

This mail just to say that in foo:matches(~bar), this not
the :matches that is the problem for computation but ~.

Consider this document:
            header ~ * { color: blue; }
        --></style>
        long document.....

If we add a "header" at first element of body, we must
recheck the style of all elements.

The problem of :matches is that it's difficult for a browser
that use the reverted way to match CSS to maintain the
rule up-to-date. I'll work on this in the future.

When somebody get a clear idea on how maintain a
:matches rule in a reverted css match way, it will possible
to continue the defend the proposition, but not before since
at least two browsers use it.

Fremy