Re: Suggestion for CSS3 selectors (fwd)

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 17:34:11 -0700
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
CC: "Brian J. Fink" <desertowl23@gmail.com>, www-style@w3.org

Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> The "match the rightmost selector and then decide what to restyle
> accordingly" does work for dynamic changes, though something like "$A B"
> would involve restyling _all_ A that are ancestors of B, not just the
> first one found, which is all matching normally needs.

That's a good point. Your search would have to branch out at each
element match as you worked leftwards in the selector, one branch
moving leftwards in the selector and one branch continuing the
search as if there was no match.

It sounds like fun. :) I wish I had time to work on it. It would
probably take me several months, though. ~_~

~fantasai