Re: [cssom-view] Why is body's offsetParent null ?

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> I'm having trouble following the double negative. Could you explain what
> you mean?

Yeah, sorry that typically french double negative.

I am only saying that I'm not sure it's useful to standardize
offset* properties at all. Apparently, there are very strong
differences between implementations that make designing a
standard from that ground difficult.

On another note, the new getBoundingClientRect() and getClientRects()
seem more promising.
So I wonder if the CSS OM View spec should not specify those and
"deprecated" the non-standard offset*.

</Daniel>