Re: [css3-namespace] Empty String Namespaces

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 12:33:22 +0200
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

* fantasai wrote:
>Tests:
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2008Apr/att-0066/empty-default-namespace.xml
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2008Apr/att-0066/empty-namespace-prefix.xml
>
>Test results:
>
>                   empty default matches || empty prefix matches
>                      no-NS  |  any-NS   ||   no-NS   |  any-NS
>----------------+-----------+-----------++-----------+-----------+
>Firefox 2       |    yes    |    yes    ||    yes    |    no     |
>Firefox 3       |    yes    |    yes    ||    yes    |    no     |
>Opera 9.25      |    yes    |    no     ||    no     |    no     |
>Opera 9.5       |    yes    |    no     ||    no     |    no     |
>Konqueror 3.5.8 |    yes    |    yes    ||    yes    |    yes    |
>Safari 3.1.1    |    yes    |    yes    ||    yes    |    no     |
>Safari Nightly  |    yes    |    yes    ||    yes    |    no     |

I think the results need to be either (yes yes no no) because the imple-
mentation ignored the @namespace declaration, or (yes no yes no) because
you treat it as indicating no namespace. Perhaps (no no no no) might be
okay aswell, but there does not seem to be a good reason to allow any of
these results. Do you get the same results when using url() instead of
the string notation?