Re: [css3-webfonts] Downloaded fonts should not...

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 07:44:11 +0200
To: robert@ocallahan.org
Cc: www-style@w3.org

* Robert O'Callahan wrote:
>This was discussed a while ago and it turned out Silverlight allows direct
>usage of TTF fonts placed naked on Web servers, without checking the
>embedding bits.
>
>Has that changed?

My earlier tests still function in the Siliverlight 2 Beta 2.0.30226.2.
See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-css-wg/2007OctDec/0329 (W3C
member-only). The one change I am aware is that you should now be able
to download fonts from third-party sites if you use some policy files,
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-appformats/2008Apr/0073.html
(which I haven't tested, but would seem to be implied by the FontSource
constructor taking a Stream and being able to get cross-site Streams).