Clipping a border-image

From: David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 16:46:58 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org

I raised an issue a while back about not being able to clip out the
center of a border-image.  It's wasteful that this part always draws.
I was thinking that another cool feature for border-image would be if
you could clip the border-image to the actual strokes being drawn.

A single clip keyword could cover both cases, either via a new
property, border-image-clip, or just as an optional part of the border-
image declaration.  Clipping to the shape of the original border
stroke would take care of my desire to clip out the middle and also
open up a nice range of options for border-image.

dave
(hyatt@apple.com)