Re: Updated versions of Apple's transforms/animations/transitions proposals

David Hyatt wrote:

> On Apr 12, 2008, at 7:49 AM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
>
>> The issue at the end of section 2.5 is important. A useful experiment
>> for evaluating animation proposals is to try to implement the OS X
>> dock's behaviours, and that issue comes up immediately --- I gave up
>> on SMIL when I couldn't figure out how to handle that :-).
>>

> A dock implemented using CSS animations:
>
> http://www.sitepen.com/blog/2008/03/28/svg-css-animations-fisheye-fun/
>
> dave
> (hyatt@apple.com)

Here is another implementation of the fisheye:
http://www.terrainformatica.com/htmlayout/images/fisheye.jpg

It is implemented as a behavior (system of event handling functions)
I strongly believe that things like these are better describable in
terms events/behaviors. E.g. which event trigger transition and which
one stops/cancels it?

In my implementation of the fisheye the behavior changes
value of attribute @magnified so CSS is able to better style transition
steps, for example rightmost table on the screenshot above has following
declarations:

table[magnified="1.75"]
     {
       font-size:11px; // bigger
     }

table[magnified="2.00"]
     {
       font-size:13px; // something readable
     }
behavior in my case is a pure behavioral thing - it is responsible for
setting attributes and dimensions of the elements so CSS can do what it
was designed for - styling states of the elements.

I think that it is really makes sense to move things like this into
BECSS document and define there standard set of behaviors.
Thus behavior:fisheye(); there will have a definition of list of events
and will define DOM attributes/states that the behavior will change
dynamically. So authors will be able to style states according to their
needs.

--
Andrew Fedoniouk.

http://terrainformatica.com