Re: Updated versions of Apple's transforms/animations/transitions proposals

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 7:48 AM, David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com> wrote:

> Updated versions of our proposals can be found on webkit.org here:
> http://webkit.org/specs/CSSVisualEffects/CSSTransitions.html<http://webkit.org/specs/CSSVisualEffects/CSSTransforms.html>
> <http://webkit.org/specs/CSSVisualEffects/CSSTransforms.html>

The spec is quite incomplete without the "TODO" describing which properties
are animatable and how they animate. For example, some <number> values are
required to be integers, so I'm not sure how you animate 'column-count' for
example; maybe some <number> properties should not be animatable.

The spec need to define how colors interpolate.

It seems to me that supporting step functions as transition functions might
be very useful.

The issue at the end of section 2.5 is important. A useful experiment for
evaluating animation proposals is to try to implement the OS X dock's
behaviours, and that issue comes up immediately --- I gave up on SMIL when I
couldn't figure out how to handle that :-).

Rob
53:5-6]