Re: [cssom-view] small update

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 16:34:05 -0500
To: Ambrose Li <ambrose.li@gmail.com>
CC: Www-style <www-style@w3.org>

Ambrose Li wrote:
> This was exactly the problem Garrett was raising originally, viz. that the
> way the spec is currently written is going to ensure (or rather has
> resuted in) incompatibility, or "divergent implementations".

Well...  There are already divergent implementations (as in any reverse
engineering scenario).  I'm not sure why we're blaming a still-a-draft spec for
incompatibilities that have been around for years.

> I don't really understand why this is so hard to get across.

Speaking for myself, I hadn't even seen the first few mails in this thread.  By
the time I started paying attention, it was more name-calling on both sides than
anything else.

-Boris