Re: Dual-mode elements (ACTION-37)

Thanks for getting this started, Bert.

On Apr 7, 2008, at 10:22 AM, Bert Bos wrote:

> Also, there is no property to specify whether an element starts out
> collapsed or expanded: it always starts out as ':normal' and the style

I don't care for that part much. I think it is important to allow some
elements to be in one state and others in another at the outset,
without having to give them different classes. Like you can with
"checked" on radio buttons and checkboxes.

> (This text refers to a 'target' property that is able to make a link
> inactive, i.e., it's still a link, but no longer a *hyper*link. That
> property is, of course, just as hypothetical as the dual-mode feature
> itself.)

My only thought about this is that 'target" is probably not the best
property name for use with anchors, unless you mean to use the
anchor's "target" attribute to store its initial state.