Re: [css3-mediaqueries] Is 'resolution' in terms of device pixels or CSS pixels?

From: Christoph Päper <christoph.paeper@crissov.de>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 22:59:52 +0200
To: CSS Style <www-style@w3.org>

Christoph Päper:
> When asked for the device resolution in metric measures, one
> usually gives the diameter or width (equals height in many cases)
> of one dot measured in micrometres (µm) or millimetres (mm). I
> would much prefer this reciprocal method in the spec, although I
> admit that 'dpi' is seen more frequently.

Sorry, I forgot: GCPM uses <dpi>, but not 'dpcm' for its |image-
resolution| property <http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-gcpm/#image>, and
would have to be changed accordingly.

Note that 'pt' may be a substitute for 'in', when using the reciprocal.

    72dpi => 1pt    ~= 0.353mm
    96dpi => 0.75pt ~= 0.265mm
   300dpi => 0.24pt ~= 0.085mm