Re: [CSS21] DELIM? in core syntax

From: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 14:49:28 +0100
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
CC: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, www-style@w3.org

Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis wrote:
> If this is not the case, it would be super if the spec were made a bit
> clearer, as that represents my current best guess at what the spec intends.

For example, it could say something like:

"Parts of style sheets that cannot be parsed according to this core
grammar MUST be handled according to the rules for handling parsing
errors. Parts of style sheets that can be parsed according to this
grammar but not according to the grammar in Appendix G MUST be handled
according to the rules for handling parsing errors, unless the user
agent SHOULD handle them differently for conformance with a higher level
of CSS or chooses to implement special handling for a vendor-specific
feature. Authors SHOULD NOT use vendor-specific features."

(Assuming that's an accurate summary of its intention.)

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis