Re: fallback color for background-image (ISSUE-5)

fantasai wrote:

> The other important one that needs fallbacks is 'content', we're
> handling that by making it take a comma-separated list of values.
>
>   content: url(hello.png), "hello";
>
> I guess you could argue that distinguishing between the cases where
> this results in a replaced element (using hello.png) vs. where it's
> just text ("hello") would be useful.
>
> ~fantasai

I would suggest using Anne syntax for consistency. A forward slash "/"
would indicate either a fall back or a fall forward. like.

content: "hello" / url(hello.png);

The fall back to the left I think is more intuitive for authors. Also
using commas would mess with multiple background strings. This would be
better.

background: blue / url(hello.png), url(goodbye.png), transparent;

Alan

http://css-class.com/test/