Re: list/table of CSS Level 3 properties and values?

From: Rijk van Geijtenbeek <rijk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 18:00:41 +0200
To: "olivier Thereaux" <ot@w3.org>, "CSS list" <www-style@w3.org>
Cc: "W3C CSS Validator ML" <www-validator-css@w3.org>

On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 17:10:17 +0200, olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org> wrote:

> We are almost through an active period of development for the CSS
> validator, fixing a lot of bugs in the grammar and making a few drastic
> performance improvements (both courtesy of Yves). We are now making sure
> that all these new changes pass our test suite and that there is no
> regression.
>
> In the meantime, we have noticed that a lot of the CSS Level 3
> definitions in the CSS validator are probably be out of date. We could
> use help in this area.
>
> Is there a one-stop list or table of all the CSS3 properties and values?
> It doesn't have to be at w3c, although one maintained by the CSS WG
> would have more chance of being accurate and up to date. I haven't seen
> any around http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/current-work but I hope it may be
> possible to generate one from the same source files used to generate the
> specs.
>
> That would certainly be useful for validator development, and, I think,
> extremely valuable for web developers too.
>
> Any pointer would be much appreciated.

There happened to have been a thread here recently on the subject. There
is no such list with properties *and* values, but lists of just the CSS
2.1/CSS 3 properties (linked to the specs) can be found here:

   <http://meiert.com/en/indices/css-properties/> by Jens Meiert
   <http://people.opera.com/rijk/panels/css3-qr/> by me

--
                                                       Rijk van Geijtenbeek
                                     Opera Software ASA, Documentation & QA

"The most common way to get usability wrong is to listen to what users
say rather than actually watching what they do." - J.Nielsen