Re: [CSS3] foreground-image

From: Michael Day <mikeday@yeslogic.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 14:12:14 +1000
To: Brad Kemper <brkemper@comcast.net>
CC: www-style@w3.org

Hi Brad,

> Since it is the default behavior on IMG, then you could say that any
> browser supports this on IMG. Can Prince also support it for other
> elements? And for other attr, such as href?

Yes, we implement img using this rule in the default XHTML style sheet,
and you can apply a similar rule for any other element or attribute.

> Would something like this be workable:
>
> a { content: attr(href, url) }

Yes, although only if href points to an image, we don't yet support
embedding HTML files as images, although it wouldn't be too hard to add.

> or
>
>  a {content: image(attr(href, url), 25, 25, 300, 300); }

No, as we don't support this new image() function.

Best regards,

Michael

--
Print XML with Prince!