Re: [CSSWG] Resolutions Beijing F2F 2007-09-11

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 10:03:57 -0400
To: "Philip Taylor (Webmaster)" <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
CC: www-style@w3.org

Philip Taylor (Webmaster) wrote:

> fantasai wrote:
>
>>     - Use 'repeat(...)' for repetition patterns.
>
> Is this, like URL, going to disallow LWSP between
> "repeat" and "(" ?  If so, may I ask that this
> be re-considered ?  The prohibition of LWSP at
> a point where some would naturally insert it
> is a major obstacle to first-time-error-free
> coding of CSS.

'repeat(...)' will follow the same syntax as other
functional notation in CSS. Note that if not for the
opening parentheses the first part would be tokenized
as a keyword.

I wouldn't consider it "natural" to insert whitespace
between a function and its opening parentheses. Most
coding styles I've seen don't do that.

~fantasai