Re: [CSS3-page] Headers and Footers on Blank Pages

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 18:26:07 -0400
To: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@exchange.microsoft.com>

Alex Mogilevsky wrote:
> Should it be optional? Or is it always the right thing to do to not print headers/footers on empty pages?

It was specified as a SHOULD in the Japanese layout guidelines.
I'm not sure what the equivalent guidelines in Western typography
would be. My guess would that for books and other nice printing,
they're left out, but for technical docs the headers and footers
might be kept on blank pages -- but really I have no idea.

~fantasai