Re: handling of HTML Comments in HTML style element

On Sunday 02 September 2007 08:11, fantasai wrote:
> 4.1.9 basically says "refer to the grammar".
>
> The grammar defines the tokens
>
>    CDO  <!--
>    CDC  -->
>
> then it defines a style sheet as
>
>    stylesheet  : [ CDO | CDC | S | statement ]*;
>
> where a statement is either a style rule or an @rule.
>
> This means '<!--' and '-->' are allowed anywhere between style rules
> and @rules, so your style sheet should result in the following style
> rules:

As I understand those rules CDO and CDC are on statement level, and therefore
can not _not_ be part of the next statement, because they are fully
terminated statements in themselves.

<!--
  body { color: green }
-->
as well as
  body { color: red }
  <!-- body { color: green } -->
should result in green text.

In this respect both '<!--' and '-->' are essentially ignored, and firefox is
wrong.

Though we could clarify the spec so that '<!--' is only allowed in beginning
and '-->' only in the end.

Regards
`Allan