Re: [css3-multicol] Breaking or Not Breaking Block Elements

From: David E. Ross <david@rossde.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 10:07:47 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org

Page-breaking is part of the Paged Media module.  Unless the
Multi-Column Layout is only for paged media, the use of the
'page-break-inside' property is not a good solution.

I was hoping to use multi-columns for screen media.  If my content
results in columns so long that vertical scrolling is needed, I
might want to keep a block-level element within a column intact so
it can be viewed without scrolling.

This, of course, raises the question of why the Multi-Column Layout
module is dependent on the Paged Media and Generated Content for
Paged Media modules.  What parts of the Multi-Column Layout module
work only for paged media?

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

Don't ask "Why is there road rage?"  Instead, ask
"Why NOT Road Rage?" or "Why Is There No Such
Thing as Fast Enough?"
<http://www.rossde.com/roadrage.html>