Re: [css3-multicol] Breaking or Not Breaking Block Elements

From: David E. Ross <david@rossde.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 10:07:47 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org

Page-breaking is part of the Paged Media module.  Unless the
Multi-Column Layout is only for paged media, the use of the
'page-break-inside' property is not a good solution.

I was hoping to use multi-columns for screen media.  If my content
results in columns so long that vertical scrolling is needed, I
might want to keep a block-level element within a column intact so
it can be viewed without scrolling.

This, of course, raises the question of why the Multi-Column Layout
module is dependent on the Paged Media and Generated Content for
Paged Media modules.  What parts of the Multi-Column Layout module
work only for paged media?

David E. Ross

Don't ask "Why is there road rage?"  Instead, ask
"Why NOT Road Rage?" or "Why Is There No Such
Thing as Fast Enough?"