Re: [Fwd: Re: Proposal of @ua]

From: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 20:47:13 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org

> I don't think "using CSS hacks" is a wanted reaction for people who must
> cope with real-world imperfect browsers?

No it is not. However, precise implementations should be the first goal, and those hacks, filters, or workarounds are probably next, still allowing for maintainability. Conditional Comments already mean a maintainability issue (beside violating the HTML spec) [1], even though some developers didn't experience it as such yet.

[1] http://meiert.com/en/blog/20070201/why-conditional-comments-are-bad-repeat-bad/

--
Jens Meiert
http://meiert.com/en/