RE: [CSS21] CR-CSS21-20070719, 8.3.1 Collapsing in presence of min/max-height, small correction suggested

Bruno Fassino wrote:

> L. David Baron wrote:
>
> > The intent was that the conditions exclude cases where min-height or
> > max-height affects the used height.
>

> Yes, I agree on this. And I believe that cases when the
> min-height is "equal" to the used height are cases when
> min-height is not affecting the used height. So I believe
> that this case ("equal") should be added to the mentioned
> case, which means:
>  "min-height less than the element's used height"
> becomes:
>  "min-height less than or equal the element's used height"

I see now that the issue is caused by my incorrect reading of "used height",
since this is the height "after" min-height is applied, and so my suggested
change is indeed wrong.

But the current phrasing of the condition doesn't allow to distinguish the
case when the height "before" min-height is applied (the computed height?)
is equal to min-height. Is this the case that I wanted to add, since in this
case the min-height is not in effect, and it is currently excluded.

Best regards,
Bruno

--
Bruno Fassino http://www.brunildo.org/test